Join us to foster a culture of sustainability
Sustainability Coordinators are researchers who work in laboratories on campus and inform their departments about sustainable approaches, procedures and policies to minimize their environmental footprint. The program is open to all staff, faculty, and students who work in laboratory-based settings.
Become a Sustainability Coordinator
- Engage others in their department and laboratories to minimize hazardous and solid waste, recycle, conserve resources, and purchase green products.
- Communicate environmental policies, practices and programs and share information about the ecological impact of daily workplace and research activities with peers.
- Identify laboratory sustainability initiatives and opportunities for their departments.
- Gain access to training, peer-to-peer learning, information sharing and professional development opportunities.
- Graduate students’ and staff time has been endorsed to support the program.
Watch the Green Labs video below to meet three UBC Sustainability Coordinators and see how they used the program to make their lab a Green Lab.
- Review the Sustainability Coordinator Position Description to gain a deeper understanding of the Sustainability Coordinator for Labs role and responsibilities, the types of initiatives Sustainability Coordinators are expected to promote and implement in their departments—and of course, the perks of participating.
- If you are a graduate student or staff member working in a UBC lab, please discuss your interest of becoming a Sustainability Coordinator with the principal investigator in your department.
- Complete the Sustainability Coordinator Program Application, along with your supervisor’s signature, and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your application is accepted, you will receive further information regarding training, resources and next steps.
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.